Schwarzburger Werkstätten factory
Founded in 1909 by Max Adolf Pfeiffer as an art department of the Unterweissbacher Werkstätten für Porzellankunst. In the mid-twenties the “workshops” moved to the Volkstedt, which at times was united with Unterweissbach, where under the direction of Dr. Ing. Edmund Tröster the art department further expanded. They employed famous sculptors like Mauritius Pfeiffer, Dorothea Charol, Claire Volkhardt; Otto Thiem, Martha Schlameus, Paul Scheurich, Etha Richter, Wilhelm Neuhäuser and local artists such as Gustav Oppel, Arthur Storch and Hugo Meisel, all of whose figures are highly sought after today.
The early models were branded with the workshops running Fox.
Production continues today at the “Schwarzburger Werkstätten für Porzellankunst” with modern artists, such as Kati Zorn, Walter Kirchner, Peter Strang, etc.
Wilhelm Neuhäuser ( 1885 – 1960 )
Wilhelm Neuhäuser studied at the arts and crafts in Coburg, Dresden and Munich. From 1919 he was a member of the artist colony Dachau. Between 1910 – 1960 he designed numerous models for Nymphenburg and between 1910 – 1949, at the Schwarzburger Werkstätten.