At the turn of the twentieth century the city of Vienna was one of Europe’s leading cultural centres. In 1903 the members of the artists’ association ‘Secession’ and Vienna’s Kunstgewerbeschule, the college of arts and crafts, founded the Wiener Werkstätte (Vienna Workshop). This became a brand in itself and for a time the products of the Wiener Werkstätte enjoyed tremendous commercial success. Many of the best-known artists and architects of this period created works for the Werkstätte, names such as Gustav Klimt, Josef Hoffmann, Michael Powolny, Otto Prutscher, Koloman Moser, Ernst Lichtblau and Josef Frank.
Please click on photos for in depth description.
Showing all 2 results