Giovanni Ronzan (Italian, 1906–1974)
He was born in Nove di Bassano, in the province of Vicenza, on September 24, 1906.
After his apprenticeship at the ” Bonato ” factory in Bassano he moved to Milan where he worked at the ” Fabris “
factory. He was employed as artistic director for ” Lenci ” of Turin in 1930 and remained there until 1939 when, together with his brother Antonio and his sister Tina , also former employees of the Lenci factory, join his brother Giuseppe to manufacture ” Ronzan ” ceramics, the factory he founded in Turin.
During the war Giovanni remained alone in the family factory and moved the laboratories to Bassano.
In 1949 Giovanni returned to the Turin headquarters and founded the “Original Ceramics of Giovanni Ronzan” factory, while in Bassano del Grappa the brothers continued production under the name “Ceramiche Ronzan e Cecchetto” and subsequently “Ronzan e Son”.
In 1955 he took over the moulds of the Berard company in Milan and put into production a series of animals signed by Giovanni Ronzan.
In 1968 Giovanni sold to his brother Antonio who continues to produce until the mid-eighties.
Giovanni returns to Bassano and devotes himself to sculpture and painting and creates some models for ceramics for his brother Giuseppe’s workshop.
Giovanni Ronzan died in Bassano del Grappa in 1974.
“Lenci” ceramics made by Giovanni Ronzan, in addition to the trademark, generally appears as a graphic symbol of a clover.
RONZAN signature from the original factory and then script signature for the Turin factory where he was sole owner.
work for Lenci
from 1942 to 1946
from 1955 to 1968