Chicks

£220.00

The Efchenbach porcelain factory was started in 1910 Bavaria Germany. Professor Theodor Karner worked for the factory before and after world war II producing exquisite porcelain figures.

A model of these chicks was made during the 1930s for the Allach factory, and post 1945 Eschenbach. The quality is second to none, very fine porcelain, finely detailed and gorgeous colouring.

Green Efchenbach Bavaria Germany factory mark used for a few years after the war.

Signed PROFThKARNER

Model number K85

Sits 6 cm high x 10.5 cm.

Condition : Excellent, no damages to the porcelain, checked with UV light.

More detailed photos can be emailed  please use the contact us form

In stock

Description

ESCHENBACH PORCELAIN

Eduard Haberländer had been planning a porcelain factory in the Bavarian town of Windischeschenbach since 1906, however it took until 1913 before he could finally realise his plans. First production started in 1916 and was restricted to staple commodities, the product range was cheap and simple and production capacity was still very low.

During 1929 the factory was taken over by Schaller & Co. Based on a new concept, products under the ‘Eschenbach’ brand were changed. By 1935, the quality of the porcelain had been established, resulting in a strong economic upturn. But World War II left scars even in Windischeschenbach. To get production  underway the factory used moulds from the now defunct Allach porcelain company. For the first ten years after World War II, the factory went through an extensive expansion and modernisation process.capacity.

Today, the Eschenbach Porzellan Group located in Triptis in Thurigia/Germany continues to produce the product lines of this leading brand and continues to add new and innovative products.

Prof. Theodor Kärner ( 1884 – 1966 )From 1898-1903

Kärner completed an apprenticeship as a modeller at Hutschenreuther. He then attended the class of Heirich Wandere and Anton Pruska at the Royal Bavarian School of Applied Arts in Munich. Between 1914 and 1921 he was with the animal painter Heinrich von Zügel (1850-1941) at the Academy of Fine Arts in Munich.

From 1905 to 1918 he worked as a sculptor in the porcelain factory Nymphenburg in Munich and between 1918 and 1934 as a freelancer for the company Rosenthal in Selb. In 1917 Philipp Rosenthal bought the porcelain factory in Bahnhof-Selb and around 1922, the production of art and decorative porcelain began there in full. From this time on, Theodor Kärner worked there full time.

Kärner was head of the art department of the porcelain factory Eduard Haberländer in Windischeschenbach in the years 1947-1953. 

 

You may also like…